Thursday, December 1, 2016

Camp BowWow

Mia passed her interview at Camp BowWow and was accepted.  After the initial 15-minute interview (introducing her to other dogs one at a time), she had to stay there all day so they could watch her interacting with the other dogs.  And I was able to come home and watch her on the WebCam.  I was very pleased with what I saw.

When I picked her up at 4:00, she acted like she almost didn't want to leave, although she was glad to see me.  So I'm going to take her back there tomorrow for the day and again once a week until I leave so she can be really indoctrinated.  The kennel where she will spend the nights (which they call a "cabin") is pretty large and I can bring her bed and blankets and toys.  Very nice.  But being able to watch on the WebCam is very special.

When she got in the car she went to sleep immediately and when I got her home she jumped on the couch and went back to sleep.  It's nice to know that her energy level can be depleted!

For some reason one of those infernal rabbits has decided to relax on my patio and when I took Mia out a little bit ago she (Mia) almost took my arm off.  Pain.  I can't believe I lived here for 7 months and never saw a rabbit and now that I have Mia there are rabbits everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment