Tuesday, December 20, 2016

What in the world is wrong with me?

I just fell down my stairs again.  And I don't know why.  Ever since the last time I fell, I've been going up and down the stairs one leg at a time.  I was alert, I knew the animals were downstairs and out of my way, I was very careful and all of a sudden I was on my butt and my knee was twisted again.  There is something wrong with me and I can't figure it out.

So the only thing I can think to do is start wearing shoes all the time.  Maybe being barefoot made me slip.  And today just for the heck of it I checked on the price of one of those automated chairs to go up and downstairs.  If I have to, I will get one of those.  And when spring rolls around maybe I should start thinking about moving to a ranch-style house. If I'm not in a nursing home by then............

So my right knee is messed up again (although I've had ice on it and it's feeling much better) and I'm getting ready to drive 900 miles to St. Louis on Thursday.  I guess if my leg won't handle the gas pedal and brake pedal, I just won't go.  I think I can figure that out tomorrow.

I am one constant sob story.  I have a very very dear friend in St. Louis -- went to grade school and high school with her -- and she is a therapist.  Marshall called her many times during his illness (sometimes in the wee hours of the night) and she always was able to calm him down.  So I called her tonight in tears and she was wonderful.  I really needed calming down.  I'm sure she never thought she would be the personal therapist for the Mullins family!!

I took Mia to Camp BowWow today for three hours to kind of get her prepared for dropping her off on Thursday.  She really likes it there.  Although I learned something today that I wasn't crazy about.  I asked the girl at the front desk how often the animals were checked on during the night and I would swear she told me no one is on the premises at night.  So from about 8PM until about 6AM the animals are in their "cabins" (kennels) and no one checks on them.  I will double check that again on Thursday but I'm not totally comfortable with that.  I'll have to accept it because it's too late to make any changes now but that just doesn't seem right.  I will report back to you when I get a definite answer.

And on a brighter note, no tremors today (but I sure miss my caffeine).  And I haven't had an Afib episode in months.  So I need to remember there are some positives.

That's it for today, or should I say that's ENOUGH for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment