Thursday, December 22, 2016

December 22, 2012

I am on my way to St. Louis and after driving through a little bad weather in Kansas, I stopped in Salina and pulled up to a Holiday Inn Express to get a room.

The clerk asked me if I had ever been here before and I said, no, I didn't think so.  She put my name in her computer and not only was my name in there, but Marshall and I stayed in this hotel EXACTLY four years ago, on December 22, 2012, just 9 months after his diagnosis, on our way to Arkansas for Christmas.  Unbelievable.

Then the woman started remembering us and reminded me of some conversations she had with Marshall in the little dining area, about the prostate cancer, and the motorcycle he was getting, etc.

In a really weird way, that made me feel like Marshall is with me this Christmas.  Isn't that something?

I dropped Mia off at Camp BowWow early this morning and as she was jumping for joy to see her friends, I was in tears as I went back to the car.  But I'm sure glad she likes it there.

My knee was in good shape this morning so driving won't be any problems.

And no tremors today, but I plan to have some coffee on this trip so I expect there will be a few mild tremors over the next few days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment