Monday, December 5, 2016

Cardiologist Visit

Today was my appointment with the cardiologist.

First I had to see the pacemaker guy from Medtronics. He determined that everything was working as it should and he made a few adjustments to the settings.  I asked him what I should do if these settings caused me problems and he said I wouldn't even notice the changes.  (Well, that proved to be wrong .. by the time I got home I was breathless and having palpitations so if things don't settle down by tomorrow I will be calling the doctor.  I'm not sure if adjustments to the pacemaker need time to "settle.")

Second, I saw the physician's assistant to get the blood pressure done and blood test for INR.

And then third, I saw the cardiologist.  I talked to him about lowering the dose on my Flecainide and he spent a little time checking me for tremors, etc., and then he said he thought maybe it was time to lower the dose anyway since I've been doing so well.  So he lowered the dose from 150mg twice a day to 100mg twice a day.  So we will see.

My ankle is doing much better and so is the knee.

After I got home I spent the rest of the day in bed.  It has gotten really cold and we are expecting snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment