Friday, December 2, 2016

2-story townhouse versus ranch style

When I bought this townhouse something told me I was making a big mistake getting something that involved stairs.  But I thought, hey, good exercise.

Well, this morning I was reminded of my misgivings.  I fell down the stairs.  I think the cats distracted me as they ran by me heading to their food bowls for breakfast.  Anyway, a trip to the emergency room showed that my knee was bent a little strongly and will be swollen for a while and my ankle is sprained and is very swollen.  I was sent home to put ice on my booboo's.

My main concern was the possibility of internal bleeding because of the blood thinner I'm on, but the ER doctor checked me out head to toe and says she does not detect any internal bleeding.  I need to keep an eye on it over the weekend.

I told the doctor that the first thought that came to my mind as I was sitting on the stairs was, "well, nothing appears to be broken so I must not have osteoporosis."  She laughed and agreed with me.

My tremors have died down quite a bit but they are still there.  And this morning's fall made me think of Parkinson's because one of the symptoms is dragging one's feet.  But I'm not going there yet.  I am encouraged by the fact that it appears that giving up caffeine has lessened the tremors dramatically.  I hope that on Monday the cardiologist will let me cut back on one of the medications I take to see if it can be having a hand in the tremors.  I would love to find out that I have been misdiagnosed.

1 comment: