Monday, May 29, 2017

Trip home

I had breakfast with Audrey and Cheryl and then headed towards St. Louis.

Stopped in Indianapolis to see my cousin Amy and her husband Roger.  

They are ballroom dancers and they are fascinating.  I just did a quick internet search and came up with a picture:

And I also found a YouTube video of them dancing -- so cool:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-iry-fullyhosted_011&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_011&hspart=iry&p=roger%2Band%2Bamy%2Bgreenawalt%2Bdancing#id=1&vid=02ba1d3fa954f839dc5f760194b0f24a&action=click

Then I got on the road again, went through a few storms and got to Tricia's house.  Ed makes his own beer (he has a cool setup in the basement) and this year he started making his own hops, so I still had a small bag of Marshall's ashes so Ed spread them on the soil of his hops plants.  I think Marshall would be tickled to know that he is part of the beer-making process.


I spent the night at Tricia and Ed's and headed out on Sunday morning.  I was hoping to drive all the way through but I was too tired.  I stopped at a Holiday Inn in Abilene, Kansas.  When I got to the room, I laid down and immediately went to sleep.  I didn't wake up until this morning at 6:30AM.  I sure must have been tired.

I got back to Denver around 3:30 and picked Mia up from Camp BowWow -- I was so glad to see her again.  Now I'm home and plan to go to bed early again.  What a trip!  I'm so glad it's done and I'm sure Marshall is, too....

No comments:

Post a Comment