Thursday, May 25, 2017

In West Virginia

Tricia and I went to breakfast this morning.  We had such a nice visit.

And then I made it out of Missouri, and then through Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky and finally around midnight (Eastern Time) made it to West Virginia. The last hour was harrowing because the West Virginia Turnpike is always under construction and it was pouring rain and very dark.  It was a steering-wheel-gripper hour or so.  I was so glad to get to the hotel.

Marshall's niece Cheryl waited up for me but Audrey (his sister) went to bed.  Evidently she isn't feeling too well so we'll need to take it easy tomorrow.  She brought flowers to put at the graves for Memorial Day.  And then we will scatter the ashes.

I'm going to try to stop in St. Louis again on my way home.

I am so tired.  It's bedtime...

NOTE:  Kentucky and West Virginia are evidently not big on Starbucks.  I think I'm in withdrawal!

No comments:

Post a Comment