Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Catching Up

Just a quick catch-up.

Things are still going along nicely.  My dental stuff is all done and I have a very pretty smile....

I still have not had an episode of atrial fibrillation for a very long time.  And that is great.  The pacemaker is doing nicely but I think it may need tweaking -- it seems to kind of over-work whenever I do anything that requires exertion.  We'll see.  I still have tremors but I believe they are related to coffee consumption.  I try to give it up but I am truly addicted.

I had the plantation shutters installed and they look awesome.  They cost a fortune but well worth it.  I feel like I'm in a whole new house. (I threw in a picture of my three babies being exceptionally well behaved.)



In April I met up with an old high school classmate in Durango for the Durango Meltdown Bluegrass Festival.  Spent about five days there and we had so much fun.  I'm still not very good at selfies but I'm practicing.  (I finally quit dying my hair and realize that I can live with my natural look...)
I think my sister is having a heck of a time with the unending rain they've been having in southern Missouri.  I'm planning to go visit her towards the end of May.  I hope it's dried up by then.

I have had an interesting last few weeks.  One of the girls at the grief group told me about a neighbor of hers who lost his wife and was looking for someone to talk to.  She asked if I would be willing to talk to him, so I said yes.  I didn't want to give out my actual name or address or phone number (just being careful) so we started emailing (I have a special email for things like this).  He's 80 years old and I'll call him Roy.

After a week of emailing he started asking if we could meet and have lunch or dinner and I felt like it might be getting to be more than I planned on, but I thought it couldn't hurt.  However, before doing that I decided that we should discuss -- by email -- the three big things that can break up a friendship: politics, religion and race issues.  So I sent him an email telling him how I felt about those three things and I guess my political views were more than he could handle.  He replied saying, "Well, you are right, political views can end a friendship, so let's end this one."  LOL!!  I think I dodged a bullet.

Mia has been going to training twice a week at Camp BowWow and they have done wonders with her.  We still have a way to go but she is certainly progressing.

I'm waiting for the weather to get nice so I can try taking the motorcycle out.

That's all I can think of.  More later.



No comments:

Post a Comment