Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Aging Process

Today started out with me making a very bad judgment call in a task for my boss which is something that never would have happened a few years ago.  It has thrown me for a loop.  So today I went through disbelief, denial, anger and then reluctant acceptance of the side effects of the aging process.  Not sure what to do going forward.  Something to really think about.

But the day got better.  My neighbor Janine invited me to be her guest at her church's annual High Tea.  It was absolutely delightful.  The church hall was transformed into a beautiful tea room, tables beautifully decorated and candle-lit.  And the male members of the church were dressed just short of black tie and they waited on all the women.  A lot of the women members of the church were wearing huge flowery hats.  The food was tea, scones, petit fours, cookies, finger sandwiches, biscuits, etc.  and there were handsome beautifully dressed men everywhere, glad to bring us whatever we wanted.  Janine and I had a wonderful time.  It sure ended the day better than it started.

Now I am home in my familiar townhouse watching mindless TV -- "mindless" being the key word.

Marshall's sister and I are starting to make the plans to scatter the rest of Marshall's ashes in West Virginia on his mom and dad's graves. We have tentatively set the date of July 22 (the 2-year anniversary of his death) to meet in Beckley, West Virginia, and go to the Blue Ridge Memorial Gardens.  I wonder how we will feel once that is done.  It will truly be the end of all activities relating to Marshall.  So sad.  I miss him now just as much as I missed him two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment