Saturday, June 24, 2017

Yoga

This morning I went to the Rec Center to take a yoga class.  The title of the class was "Basic Yoga."  To me, that sounded like it might be perfect for me.  HAH!!

I got there 15 minutes early so that I could talk to the instructor about my limitations and what I should do, etc., but he was way too busy to talk to me.  He just said, "get a mat, a strap and a block and find a spot."  So that didn't sit well with me.

There were about 25 or 30 people in the class and they were clearly all very experienced at yoga.  While I, on the other hand, could not master anything he wanted us to do.  Frankly, I didn't understand most of what he was telling us to do.  Eventually he noticed that I was having difficulty and he came over to help me and it was kind of embarrassing the way he did it.  So obviously "Basic Yoga" isn't what I thought it was.

The only other yoga class offered by the Rec Center is called "Chair Yoga."  So I will try to take that class and see if it's more my style.

Mia is showing progress in her tolerance of other dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment