Monday, February 27, 2017

Pets

I think all three of my pets had a meeting to come up with ways to make today a challenge.  The first thing this morning while I was in the shower, I think they all conspired to turn over the litter box and scatter it everywhere (I had to blame it on all of them since I wasn't watching).  Then later in the day, Mia used my leg as a launching pad when she wanted to chase one of the cats and left a big long painful scratch; Okie threw up in the bed (which meant I had to strip the bed, while trying to keep Jerry and Mia from trying to eat it ... Eewwww) ... and then this evening when I made dinner (chicken and veggies) and it was sitting on the hot stove Okie jumped on the stove to start eating that food -- I have no idea how he didn't burn his feet; and Jerry ripped apart one of my plants and made a huge mess.  As I'm writing this, the day isn't over yet, so........

Today, in between yelling at my pets, I went to the Thornton Recreation Center and took a tour and got a membership.  They allow all age groups.  The first thing I'm going to do is sign up for their Tai Chi class.  They've also got a huge weight room, racquetball courts, a pool, an indoor running track and probably more.

After that I went and took a tour of the Senior Center and talked to them about their activities.  They obviously don't cater to all age groups. :) The lady at the information desk was going over all the activities with me and she said they offered a belly dancing class.  The lady standing behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "You really should take that class, it's fun."  I turned around and this woman was carrying an oxygen bottle and her husband was helping her with her walker.  She cracked up at herself and I got a good laugh!

Both facilities had great things to offer so I'm glad I finally went.

No comments:

Post a Comment