Monday, November 7, 2016

Tremors

I had to stop my Warfarin/Coumadin (blood thinner) on Sunday in preparation for more dental work on Wednesday.  And today I woke up without any tremors.  During the day today there were a few very mild tremors but for the most part there weren't any.  I will be off the Warfarin for a week so we'll see if they stay gone the whole week.

I would be so tickled to find out that the tremors are caused by a medication and not Parkinson's, but not sure how that could be resolved since I need the blood thinner and I do not want to use any of the new ones that are out there now (Eliquis, Xeralto, Pradaxa, etc.).  We'll take it one day at a time.

You know, the doctors don't ever want to listen to questions about possibilities other than what they want to diagnose.  When I saw the neurologist, she put me through a series of physical movements that convinced her I had Parkinson's.  Most of them had to do with the fact that my left arm wasn't as strong as my right arm.  She said that was a definite sign.  However, she didn't want to take into consideration the fact that I have had several pacemaker surgeries in the past six months and each of those operations required that my left arm stay immobile for several weeks of recuperation.  So to my way of thinking it is only natural that my left arm would lose strength.

Another movement that I failed was putting my feet flat on the floor and lifting my big toe without lifting the other toes.  I had difficulty doing that with both toes, but mostly the left one (although I could do it when I got home).  Another test I failed was doing the "straight line" walk that police officers use to check sobriety (when I got home I could do it flawlessly, but I think I was nervous trying to walk down a doctor's hallway with people watching).  Also, I don't have a good sense of smell and she said that was a sign of Parkinson's.  I tried to tell her that I have had a poor sense of smell for 60 years but she just moved on.  So I look forward to the second opinion in January.

Took Mia to her PetSmart training class tonight and the trainer and I decided that Mia needs private classes, so we go back tomorrow for some one-on-one training.  I'm beginning to think that perhaps she spent a lot of time in a crate before she got to me.

Yesterday I spent most of the day in the garage getting it organized so that I can actually get the car in there.  I figure winter is coming and having the car in the garage would be a big plus.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment