Saturday, November 19, 2016

Christmas shopping

I got all of my Christmas shopping done and I think I will spend Thanksgiving playing Christmas music and wrapping gifts.

My cousin Tom died last week.  He battled non-Hodgkins lymphoma for 8 years.  When he was first diagnosed he was given 5 years so going for 8 years was pretty good.  He was only 66.

I've been doing tons of research on Parkinson's -- spent a lot of time on the Michael J. Fox website.  Just preparing myself.  Did you know that he was diagnosed 25 years ago?  Isn't that amazing?  It feels like it was not that long ago.  And he still walks and talks and lives life so that is heartening.  He says that he has occasional problems (like side effects from medication or difficulties sleeping, etc.) but he deals with it.

I had a few tremors this morning and then throughout the day there were no outward tremors but I felt some weird inner vibrations.  As soon as my bloodwork gets back to normal after starting back up on the Warfarin I will talk to the cardiologist about trying to cut back on one of my heart medications to see if it has anything to do with tremors.  Trying to cover all possibilities hoping to find another cause of the tremors.  But that presents new concerns -- if we discontinue a heart medication, what will take its place and what side effects will it bring?

I just had a thought:  if we were to learn that Flecainide was causing the tremors, perhaps I could keep taking the Flecainide and just deal with the tremors.  I think I could handle that if I knew it wasn't Parkinson's.

No comments:

Post a Comment