Thursday, November 17, 2016

Snow

Today was our first snow of the winter.  Only about an inch but it pretty much snowed all afternoon and the temperature got down to the mid-20s.  It was COLD.  I couldn't get Mia to go out in the snow so I will probably have a few surprises in the house.

I took Mia to PetSmart's Doggie Day Care today for a 4-hour play date.  When we walked into PetSmart there were a few dogs and she went nuts like she always does.  And when I was signing the paperwork to register her, she was barking and pulling like she always does.  The lady at the desk came and got Mia to take her into the play area and I stood near the glass window so I could watch.  They let Mia into the room -- off leash -- with about 10 other dogs and she didn't react at all.  They all came over to say hi to her and then they all went back to sniffing and napping, etc.  So clearly being on the leash causes her anxiety for some reason.

When I picked her up at 1:00, they told me that she was laid back the whole time and she didn't play much, just kind of stayed to herself.  I walked over to the glass and when she saw me she literally did cartwheels trying to get to me.  We put the leash back on her and as I walked through PetSmart to the front door to leave, three dogs came in and Mia became a tornado again.  I guess I just need to keep bringing her around other dogs while she is on leash and see if she can get used to it.

Today was also a day with almost no tremors.  The only time I had any tremors was when pouring a glass of milk.  My hand shook just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment