Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Heimlich Maneuver

I've been delightfully wined (actually lemonaded) and dined this week for my birthday, ate too much, but really have enjoyed the week.

But today I was at lunch and something got caught in my throat and it was very scary.  My lunch companion ran around me and did the Heimlich Maneuver and it was successful.  It was weird because she kept asking if I was okay and I kept nodding "yes," even though I wasn't okay.  I wasn't thinking very good.

I think my problem was that I've been having lots of dental work done and perhaps I wasn't chewing as good as I should have been.  So what an interesting day.

Tomorrow, a contractor is coming over to assess my house for the installation of more safety bannisters so that I hopefully won't fall again.  Old age is really setting in (LOL).

But everything else seems to be really stable now.  The pacemaker is doing well and there haven't been any atrial fibrillation episodes since the pacemaker was implanted.  I have a Fitbit watch that tracks my steps and my heart rate, which is interesting and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment