Thursday, January 26, 2017

Bannisters

The contractor was here today with my friend Tony and they installed bannisters on the other side of the stairs so that I can hold onto both of them when I'm coming down.  It feels so much more stable.

They also put a grab bar outside the front door so that if the concrete steps are icy I'll have something to hold onto.  They couldn't do a whole bannister because we would probably need permission from the Homeowners Association.  But the grab bar will do just fine.  They also installed a new kitchn faucet for me.  I like it.

Then this afternoon I went to my appointment for one of those Lifeline Screenings.  I know I get regular checkups from my primary doctor and my cardiologist but these days it is wise to get multiple opinions.  So I had a bone density test, ultrasounds for aorta (I think) and carotid arteries.  Then I had blood work for cholesterol and the cholesterol levels were in normal range.  Sugar levels were perfect.  I'll get all the other test results in the mail in a couple weeks.

So the only things left for the immediate future are a bit more dental work and a checkup with a dermatologist.  Then I should be set for a year.  Finally.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment