Monday, October 16, 2017

Things are relatively quiet the past two days

I didn't get any updates yesterday or today regarding my brother so things appear to be quiet.

But with regard to Mia it's been an interesting/scary time.  She goes bananas over rabbits and we have tons of rabbits around here.  Yesterday I had her out for a walk and two rabbits ran by.  Normally I try to watch and I see the rabbits first and can get prepared for her unbelievable reaction but yesterday I must have been daydreaming.  Anyway, these two rabbits ran by and she backed out of her harness and was out of sight in under 5 seconds.  And since we are on a VERY busy street, I just knew it was all she wrote for Mia.  I called her and called her and even though I could hear her barking, she didn't come when I called and when I tried to locate her she was running around so fast (in Rabbit Utopia) that finding her was impossible.

So I called my neighbor Janine, who has a big dog named Conner who Mia does not get along with, and Janine came over and brought Conner with her.  We started walking around and all of a sudden we saw Mia a few blocks away doing cartwheels over those rabbits.  She looked our way and saw Conner and she came running wanting to get in her usual battle with Conner (I guess Conner trumps rabbits -- good to know).  When she got close enough, Janine was able to pick her up.  I wanted to punish her and kiss her at the same time.  I was so glad to get her back.

Now I have to try to find an escape proof harness and since I've already bought about 25 allegedly escape proof harnesses, I don't hold out much hope.  What I really need is a yard and that is out of the question right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment