Monday, October 2, 2017

Silver Sneakers

First of all, this massacre in Vegas is unbelievable.  I have been praying all day for the dead and injured, as well as their families and friends.  This world has gotten so scary.

******************************
This morning I went to the Rec Center and did one of their Silver Sneakers classes.  It was a perfect hour of exercise for me.  Just strenuous enough.  And the instructor was a ton of fun.  And surprisingly, there were quite a few men in the class.  Anyway, I plan to go to these classes regularly.

I may have mentioned in the past that my cats are scratching the heck out of my furniture.  I got rid of the leather couch and recliner before they had a chance to totally destroy them.  And I got a new couch and recliner that has a microsuede upholstery that supposely cats don't like.  NOT.  So I've been experimenting and finally came up with a goofy setup that seems to be cat proof.

First, I put a cheap protective cover on the couch (which did not deter them).  Then I laid throw rugs over the protective cover and that worked to a degree but the rugs kept moving.  So I found some "Smurf Blue" faux sheepskin rugs over the couch.  I put these rugs out about a week ago and the cats like to snuggle in the rug but so far there have been NO attempts at scratching.  I think I've got it...

So here is my Smurf City:

As you can see, my cats pretty much now own the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment