Sunday, January 28, 2018

Still healing

It looks like this whole re-introduction of solid foods is going to be very slow.  Every time I try something that my pancreas doesn't like, I get a little vertigo and need to kind of stay in bed.  Oatmeal went well, but an orange wasn't such a good idea.  So what I thought might take 6 days to get back on a semi-regular diet looks like it may be two weeks.  Or more.  At least I'm not having the severe pain that I believe can come with acute pancreatitis.

I've ordered a Pancreatitis Diet Cookbook to get a feel for some good meals.  Then I have to also pay attention to the limitations in diet from the drug Warfarin that I take.  This probably will be doable here at home but boy, traveling and eating out is going to be a bitch.

Poor Mia has been so good just laying close to me wherever I am -- she obviously knows things aren't  totally right.  She is a very energetic dog so staying still must be hard on her.  And she hasn't been to Camp BowWow in several weeks.  If I feel good tomorrow, I will take her to Camp so she can get some physical and mental exercise.  Her trainer has moved on to bigger and better things so Mia hasn't had any training for several weeks, either.  She really liked that trainer.  So I've been trying to keep up with the things she learned and she does well.

That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment