Thursday, January 25, 2018

Feeling better

Yesterday I went back to the doctor and had more bloodwork done.  Doctor told me not to eat any solid foods until the test results come back, but I was so hungry that I ate a piece of bread but it didn't sit well.  I came home and went to bed for the day with Mia by my side.

Today I got the results of the bloodwork and my lipase level is back to normal (went from 145 to 19). So he said I could start SLOWLY reintroducing solid food back into my diet, very slowly.  And from here on out, no alcohol, no fatty foods, no red meat, no coffee (boy, nobody wants me to have any coffee).  I had a tiny bit of food today and my stomach reacted, so I need to go even slower.

I feel much better, but I'm disappointed that there was no way to figure out what caused all this.  Frustrating.  But I'm glad to get back into the world again, I felt so bad for over a week.

My brother is doing really well, he's been sober now for about 75 days.  He found a job but then found out he had to have spine surgery on Feb 2 so he'll have to pass on that job until he recuperates from surgery.

And to show how much he has improved, he actually called me on my birthday, something he hasn't done in many years.  Yay!

PS:  An interesting tidbit -- this lipase range differs from lab to lab which I think is kind of unfair.  My doctor's lab says the lipase level should be between 7 and 60.  But the Mayo Clinic, for instance, has a range of 18 to 180.  I asked the doctor about it and said my level of 145 would be acceptable at the Mayo Clinic and he said, "Then you need to go to the Mayo Clinic."  Ha Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment