Sunday, December 17, 2017

Update

Not sure what is going on with my brother.  He went home and I haven't heard a thing from him or his wife.  I guess no news is good news.  So, for me, it's been a quiet few weeks.  I hope it's the same in his household.

When I took Mia to Camp BowWow last week, I took a tour of the inner workings of the place.  I've been meaning to do it but always had to rush.  It is really really nice.  The "cabin" (kennel) for each dog is huge with a bed and plenty of room for blankets and toys and whatever else will make her comfortable.  They told me they have 58 cabins of several different sizes depending on the size of the dog.  I was so pleased to see where she stays when I leave her for a long stay, like I'm going to do for Christmas.  So she will have lots of activity during the day and a nice big "cabin" for the nights.  And I am arranging training for her every other day while I'm gong so she has that one-on-one contact, too.

And on the last day of her stay I requested a "spa" bath.  They give her a bath and a massage.

And I always bring along her food, her dish, and her treats and they have a special location where they are able to keep it all and know it belongs to her.  They call it the "lockers" but it is actually rows of big plastic containers with locking lids.  So I feel even better about Camp BowWow.  And she still loves going there.  When I pull into the street where the Camp is (which is a very nondescript little commercial area where you would never ever think there would be a doggie day care), she starts going crazy.  When I bring her in and she sees the girls who work there, it is clear that she really likes them.  She gets so excited.

By the way, I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but if you go to Starbucks and buy something, you can get a free puppaccino for your dog, which is basically a cup filled with whipped cream.  So whenever I pull into a Starbucks parking lot or drive-through, she also goes nuts because she knows she is about to get her puppaccino.

Well, that's all my news.

No comments:

Post a Comment