Friday, July 28, 2017

Coffee

I have now been off of caffeine for one whole week.  The shakes have calmed down and the other symptoms have almost disappeared.  But boy, do I want a cup of coffee. I have a hard time getting my car to drive past a Starbucks without going in.  :)

On Wednesday my knee felt so good I went out and did a bunch of errands.  That was the wrong thing to do.  I should have waited another day or two.  By the time I got home I could barely put any weight on that knee.  So I guess I'll give it more time.  It is so frustrating.  But as Bette Davis said: "Old age is not for sissies."

My patio has been overrun by centipedes and I am so scared of bugs.  I sure miss Marshall.  He was Chief Bug Killer.  But I guess every time I have to do something that freaks me out -- like spraying for centipedes -- it builds character.  Right?  So I sprayed twice and now when I go out the door there's a bunch of dead centipedes.  Still yukky but not like seeing the live ones.  I hope I have gotten rid of them.  So far I haven't seen any in the house -- thank goodness!!

There was a wasp's nest on the garage side of the townhouse and I've never had to get rid of a wasp's nest before (again, where is my Chief Bug Killer?).  But I guess I built more character.  I sprayed the nest for three consecutive nights and all the wasps are gone.  But I just can't bring myself to actually remove the empty nest.  Spraying was a little easier because I could do it from 20 feet away.  But I just can't get close enough to remove the nest.  Some day somebody will drop by and I will be able to talk them into doing it for me. (ha) In the meantime, I don't linger when going in and out of the garage.


No comments:

Post a Comment