Monday, March 12, 2018

Savings Bonds

First, haven't heard anything from my brother.  I assume nothing has changed.

And Tricia is doing well.

A few months ago I found two $50 savings bonds in Marshall's name.  So today I decided to cash them in.  I went to my bank and they wouldn't cash them.  They said I needed to go to the courthouse and get myself appointed as a Personal Representative.  So I went to the courthouse for Adams County and they said they didn't know what I was talking about.  They said I had to hire an attorney.  So I threw them away.  I figured a lawyer would cost way more than $100!!

When I was going to the courthouse I noticed that the license plates on the motorcycle had expired last July.  So I went to the DMV and renewed them.  I had to pay a $100 late fee.  Good grief.

And over the weekend I bought one of those Ring Doorbells and I love it!  I can check on my house with my iPhone no matter where I am.  And I can talk to anyone on my patio from wherever I am.  It is really cool.  It even records/films me whenever I take Mia out.

I'm trying to learn this new way of eating to keep the pancreatitis at bay and so far so good.  I exercise every day, too.  Trying to do everything the doctors told me to do.

My bone density test shows that I have osteopenia, the precursor to osteoporosis (bummer).  The ophthalmologist says my eyes are in good shape (no macular degeneration).  The ear doctor says I have better hearing than most of his patients (that was cool news).

No comments:

Post a Comment